For Health & Safety and organisational reasons we are required to hold details and a register of all volunteers attending all events we run.
To help us do this we require all volunteers to complete the Volunteer Engagement form and keep this updated each year to ensure its accuracy.
We can not accept any volunteers at events who have not submitted this form (link at the bottom of this page)
Volunteer’s Rights and Responsibilities
Rights of Volunteers
- To be treated as a co-worker – Respected by staff and volunteers.
- To have clearly defined tasks suited to your preference and ability.
- To be offered training, support, and supervision.
- To be given clear communication and consultation channels.
- To be given relevant information about the Canterbury Car Club.
- To be provided with a safe working environment free from any discrimination based on age, sex, religion, or disability, as set out in the Human Rights Act 1993.
- To be made aware of safety, emergency, and complaints procedures.
Responsibilities of Volunteers
- To choose voluntary work which you can support wholeheartedly.
- To work within the policies and guidelines of the Canterbury Car Club.
- To be loyal to the Canterbury Car Club, respect its place in the community and help maintain its credibility and integrity.
- To be realistic about capability, availability, and avoid over commitment.
- To be punctual, regular in attendance and advise of periods of unavailability.
- To treat co-workers as you would wish to be treated yourself.
- To observe confidentiality and privacy at all times.
- To report accidents, incidents, and hazards immediately.
- To speak up when concerned or unsure.
To complete the Volunteer Engagement Form online CLICK HERE
A paper version is available at the track if you prefer