This page is to give some details on entering an event using the Motorsport NZ Online Entry system.
It can be confusing for some to set up the first time, but after you get used to it entering events is very simple.
Currently the Canterbury Car Club are trialing this system to see if it will be used going forward..
This entry website is not optimised for mobiles and on some does not work at all, you may need to find a desktop/laptop to use.
To enter an event:
Once the CCC have applied, and the event has been approved, you can enter online.
Before this time you can “register interest” which will only notify you when entries are open.
- First step is head to www.motorsport.org.nz and click the blue login button (or possum.motorsport.org.nz to skip the blue button step)
- If you have an account, log in. Or register if you have not had an account before. (make sure you note down or remember the login details for future use)
- Note – password resets are only done by MSNZ during office hours, it is not automatic
- Please do not create multiple accounts, that makes things very difficult for everyone
- Set up your profile, including a photo, and club membership details, if you are a member (some events allow 2 events before joining a club)
- If you have your own transponder or do not need to hire one, you will also need to go to the transponder management tab and add the details (otherwise it will say you have to hire one at the end of the application)
- Next, in the top right corner, click vehicles.
- If you have set it up before, or applied for the logbook for your car it will be in there. Check the details are correct and the photo is up to date.
- If not listed, click add/find vehicle and register it or transfer an existing vehicle into your name
- If registering a road car with no Log Book, take care not to progress too far in the setup. There will be a “Register Only” option to avoid going in to buying a Log Book or Authority Card.
- Don’t own the car you’re driving? Skip this step if it’s set up, or ask the owner to log in to their own account and set up the vehicle
- Car added, now enter the event.
- Find the event in the calendar and click the small image of a car with a green plus (not the event title)
- Work your way down the page and check all appropriate boxes. If everything was set up right it should be just 4 clicks.
- Click “ENTER”
- Pay the entry fee if required (generally Club Race days and below do not require pre payment, but it does make things easier on the day if you have paid already)
- Select either Cash, if you with to call us with a credit card number, or Bank Transfer and it will give you the required details (the reference number they give isn’t so important, your name and the event are very important). Make sure you pay this fee in time for it to show in our account to be seen before the office closes friday 5pm.
- Note – your entry will not be completed until you have passed the payment page, even if you are paying on the day then just select Cash
- Your entry will become ‘pending’ until we mark it as accepted, don’t be concerned if this does not happen immediately
If you need a hand with any step of this, feel free to give us a call during office hours on 03 349 6003 (Ask for Chris), or Motorsport NZ on 04 815 8015 (Morgen and Terry are the experts at MSNZ)