Please note – Test days now finish at 4:30pm.
We request that users please pack up and depart by 5:00pm.
This page is updated regularly, you may need to refresh the page for your computer to load the latest version. (Ctrl & F5 on Windows, or Command R on a Mac)
TEST DAYS ARE FOR THE TESTING OF RACE VEHICLES ONLY.
IF YOU HAVE A ROAD CAR OR ROAD BIKE THAT YOU DO NOT INTEND TO RACE, THERE ARE OTHER DAYS THAT ARE MORE SUITABLE FOR YOU AND YOUR VEHICLE:
There are regular days run by Christchurch Trackdays and Motorcycling Canterbury to get your road car/motorcycle on track.
CANTERBURY CAR CLUB MEMBERS $90
MOTORCYCLING CANTERBURY, BEARS, CAMS $100
ALL OTHER MSNZ AND MNZ AFFILIATED CLUBS $120
CCC SUPPORTERS CLUB CARD HOLDERS $0
NO RACE LICENCE = NO TESTING
MEMBERSHIP (To gain club discounts) AND RACE LICENCE MUST BE PRODUCED AT OFFICE WHEN SIGNING IN
To save time on the day, payments can be made to our Canterbury Car Club bank account: 02 0865 0020166 25
Please use a useful reference including the date of the test day and your name if the account is not under your name. Also ensure payments are made early enough we can see the payment before the test day
Driver must hold and produce a current Motorsport New Zealand competition licence.
Car must meet the safety requirements for your level of motorsport competition. For cars this includes a valid and correctly mounted fire extinguisher.
Convertibles must have at minimum, a MSNZ homologated half cage.
Driver must wear a minimum of 100% cotton overalls and a competition approved helmet.
Passengers – can only be carried in approved vehicles, where a full MSNZ homologated safety structure is fitted. Passengers must wear overalls and helmet as per driver requirements. All passengers must sign in at the office and wear supplied wrist band.
Second driver, or second car no extra charge (drivers must meet all regulations), one registration form per driver required.
Riders must hold and produce a current Motorcycling New Zealand competition licence.
Motorcycle and rider must meet at a minimum the safety standards equivalent of entering a Motorcycling Canterbury Have a Go Day (see attached file). This includes single piece or zip together leathers. No textiles or separate top/bottoms.
No commercial activity may take place on a test day. This includes hot laps or rider/driver training – unless by prior arrangement with track management.
Unless noted otherwise, these days are for Cars and Motorcycles only. (sidecars, please get in touch. we no longer combine bikes and sidecars)
Note – These days do cover a wide range of vehicles and drivers/riders. Each group will have a vast array of lap times and experience levels so all users are reminded that you need to share the track safely. You may be faster or slower than others on track so you need to ensure you can operate in traffic safely. Dangerous passing or holding up faster vehicles is not tolerated.
Groups / Sessions
- Each group is allocated a 20 minute session (approx. 17 mins on track plus time between groups). Sessions restarted if paused for red flag
- No set start times, groups run in standard order one after the other
- Standard running order for 3 groups – Saloon Cars, Open Wheelers (incl sports racing cars Lotus 7 and similar), Motorcycles. Some days may run up to 5 groups if splits required for large numbers
The following days are the only dates available
Planned Test Days & Car Run In Mornings for the next few weeks are below
Each date now has an individual entry link, please ensure you select the form the date you wish to attend
If the date you are wanting to attend does not have an entry form yet refresh the page first, or check back closer to the day, we aim to have at least 2x test days ahead available to be booked.
Registered but now can’t make it? No worries just let us know and if you pre paid send an email with the account to return the payment to.
Please register online if you can, it helps us plan the days and also saves everyone time at sign-in
Tuesday 23rd – Car Run In Morning
Tuesday 20th – Car Run In Morning
CAR RUN IN MORNINGS
Need to run in a new motor, brakes etc on your race car? Or drive some low speed laps around the track to test some changes?
Once a month we are running a morning on the A Track (Tri-Oval) for low speed/risk laps.
These days will be restricted to speeds of no more than 120km/hr. No hard acceleration or cornering allowed.
Track open 9:00 – 12:00.
Pre registration preferred.
Cost for CCC Members – $30
Other Club Members – $50
Available dates as listed above
Test Day Rules:
For more track hire details please phone the track office on 03 349 6003
Test Day Frequent User Cards $700.00. Valid for one year from purchase. Not transferrable.
CCC Events Gold/Silver/Bronze packages also available, see membership page for details poster (please note these can now be purchased at any time, valid for one year from purchase)
All prices include GST.
- All hirers must report to the Circuit Office situated in the control tower complex to sign on and pay before accessing the track (including frequent hire card holders).
- Track is open from 9:00am – 4:30pm.
- Hirers must present current membership card to get club discount
- All testing and hire is subject to the Club’s official terms and conditions
- The drag strip is not available on Test days.
- NO drifting is permitted on Race Test Days (specific drift test days are held throughout the year, see www.driftsouth.co.nz for details)
- Non-compliance with rules may result in a ban
- Convertible cars must have roll protection (factory hoops or popups not included), Homologated cage or approved (by track management) bar if car has a current/valid WOF. Reminder to have suitable bar height above occupants helmets as per Schedule A
- Safety gear is available for rental on the day (limited sizes so calling ahead can help)
Double layer race suit – $40
Helmet – $20