This page is updated regularly, you may need to refresh the page for your computer to load the latest version. (Ctrl & F5 on Windows, or Command R on a Mac)
TEST DAYS ARE FOR THE TESTING OF RACE VEHICLES ONLY.
IF YOU HAVE A ROAD CAR OR ROAD BIKE THAT YOU DO NOT INTEND TO RACE, THERE ARE OTHER DAYS THAT ARE MORE SUITABLE FOR YOU AND YOUR VEHICLE:
There are regular days run by Christchurch Trackdays and Motorcycling Canterbury to get your road car or motorcycle on track.
CANTERBURY CAR CLUB MEMBERS $90
MOTORCYCLING CANTERBURY, BEARS, CAMS $100
ALL OTHER MSNZ AND MNZ AFFILIATED CLUBS $120
Please note – Due to the addition of medical services to these test days, the prices have changed as of December 1st 2018.
This new pricing is noted in bold above.
NO MEMBERSHIP AND/OR NO LICENCE = NO TESTING
MEMBERSHIP AND LICENCE MUST BE PRODUCED AT OFFICE WHEN SIGNING IN
DRIVER MUST HOLD AND PRODUCE A CURRENT MOTORSPORT NEW ZEALAND COMPETITION LICENCE
CAR MUST MEET SCHEDULE A SAFETY REQUIREMENTS – INCLUDING A CORRECTLY FITTED FIRE EXTINGUISHER
CONVERTIBLES MUST HAVE AT MINIMUM, A MSNZ HOMOLOGATED HALF CAGE
DRIVER MUST WEAR A MINIMUM OF 100% COTTON OVERALLS AND AN APPROVED HELMET
PASSENGERS – CAN ONLY BE CARRIED IN APPROVED VEHICLES, WHERE A FULL MSNZ HOMOLOGATED ROLLCAGE IS FITTED. PASSENGERS MUST WEAR OVERALLS AND HELMET
ALL PASSENGERS MUST SIGN IN AT THE OFFICE
RIDERS MUST HOLD AND PRODUCE A CURRENT MOTORCYCLING NEW ZEALAND COMPETITION LICENCE
MOTORCYCLES AND RIDER MUST MEET THE SAFETY STANDARDS EQUIVALENT OF ENTERING A MOTORCYCLING CANTERBURY HAVE A GO DAY (SEE ATTACHED FILE)
NO COMMERCIAL ACTIVITY MAY TAKE PLACE ON A TEST DAY.
THIS INCLUDES HOT LAPS OR RIDER/DRIVER TRAINING – UNLESS BY PRIOR ARRANGEMENT WITH THE MANAGER.
Unless noted otherwise, these days are for Race Cars AND Race Motorcycles.
No days other than the ones listed below are available for race testing.
Please make sure you read the rest of this page for the rules/requirements.
Pre registration is not required, however if you choose to you can complete an online registration to save time on the day. Pre payments can be made to 02 0865 0020166 025 with a reference of your name and TEST DAY
The following days are the only dates available:
To avoid disappointment, please ensure you read this entire page, rules and requirements are constantly evolving.
Tuesday 21st – Run in morning (see below for details)
Tuesday 18th – Run in morning (see below for details)
CAR RUN IN MORNINGS
Need to run in a new motor, or brakes? Or drive some low speed laps around the track to test some changes?
Once a month we are running a morning on the A Track (Tri-Oval) for low speed/risk laps.
These days will be restricted to speeds of no more than 120km/hr. No hard acceleration or cornering allowed.
Track open 9:00 – 12:00.
No pre registration required.
Cost for CCC Members – $30
Other Club Members – $50
Available dates as listed above
For more track hire details please phone the track office on 03 349 6003
CCC Members Frequent User Cards $700.00 per annum.
All prices include GST.
- All fees payable before use.
- All hirers must report to the Circuit Office situated in the control tower complex to sign on (including frequent hire card holders).
- Track is open from 9:00am – 5:00pm.
- Hirers must present current membership card to get discount
- All testing and hire is subject to the Club’s official terms and conditions
- Frequent hire cards are not transferable.
- The drag strip is not available on Test days.
- NO drifting is permitted on Race Test Days (specific drift test days are held throughout the year, see www.driftsouth.co.nz for details)
- Non-compliance with rules may result in a ban
- No minimum track time guaranteed. Standard 3x sessions alternating 20mins saloons/single seaters/motorcycles
- Convertible cars must have roll protection, Homologated cage or approved bar if car has WOF. Reminder to have suitable bar height above occupants helmets as per Schedule A
- Full Test Day T&C available HERE