Due to the latest changes the track is closed until further notice.
TEST DAYS ARE FOR THE TESTING OF RACE VEHICLES ONLY.
IF YOU HAVE A ROAD CAR OR ROAD BIKE THAT YOU DO NOT INTEND TO RACE, THERE ARE OTHER DAYS THAT ARE MORE SUITABLE FOR YOU AND YOUR VEHICLE:
There are regular days run by Christchurch Trackdays and Motorcycling Canterbury to get your road car or motorcycle on track.
CANTERBURY CAR CLUB MEMBERS $90
MOTORCYCLING CANTERBURY, BEARS, CAMS $100
ALL OTHER MSNZ AND MNZ AFFILIATED CLUBS $120
Please note – Due to the addition of medical services to these test days, the prices have changed as of December 1st 2018.
This new pricing is noted in bold above.
NO MEMBERSHIP AND/OR NO LICENCE = NO TESTING
MEMBERSHIP AND LICENCE MUST BE PRODUCED AT OFFICE WHEN SIGNING IN
DRIVER MUST HOLD AND PRODUCE A CURRENT MOTORSPORT NEW ZEALAND COMPETITION LICENCE
CAR MUST MEET SCHEDULE A SAFETY REQUIREMENTS – INCLUDING A CORRECTLY FITTED FIRE EXTINGUISHER
CONVERTIBLES MUST HAVE AT MINIMUM, A MSNZ HOMOLOGATED HALF CAGE
DRIVER MUST WEAR A MINIMUM OF 100% COTTON OVERALLS AND AN APPROVED HELMET
PASSENGERS – CAN ONLY BE CARRIED IN APPROVED VEHICLES, WHERE A FULL MSNZ HOMOLOGATED ROLLCAGE IS FITTED. PASSENGERS MUST WEAR OVERALLS AND HELMET
ALL PASSENGERS MUST SIGN IN AT THE OFFICE
RIDERS MUST HOLD AND PRODUCE A CURRENT MOTORCYCLING NEW ZEALAND COMPETITION LICENCE
MOTORCYCLES AND RIDER MUST MEET THE SAFETY STANDARDS EQUIVALENT OF ENTERING A MOTORCYCLING CANTERBURY HAVE A GO DAY (SEE ATTACHED FILE)
NO COMMERCIAL ACTIVITY MAY TAKE PLACE ON A TEST DAY.
THIS INCLUDES HOT LAPS OR RIDER/DRIVER TRAINING – UNLESS BY PRIOR ARRANGEMENT WITH THE MANAGER.
Unless noted otherwise, these days are for Race Cars AND Race Motorcycles.
No days other than the ones listed below are available for race testing.
Please make sure you read the rest of this page for the rules/requirements.
The following days are available:
To avoid disappointment, please ensure you read this entire page, rules and requirements are constantly evolving.
Future dates will be announced when possible
For more track hire details please phone the track office on 03 349 6003
CCC Members Frequent User Cards $700.00 per annum.
All prices include GST.
- All fees payable before use.
- All hirers must report to the Circuit Office situated in the control tower complex to sign on (including frequent hire card holders).
- Track is open from 9:00am – 5:00pm.
- Hirers must present current membership card to get discount
- All testing and hire is subject to the Club’s official terms and conditions
- Frequent hire cards are not transferable.
- The drag strip is not available on Test days.
- NO drifting is permitted on Race Test Days (specific drift test days are held throughout the year, see www.driftsouth.co.nz for details)
- Non-compliance with rules may result in a ban
- No minimum track time guaranteed. Standard sessions 20mins cars/single seaters/motorcycles
- Convertible cars must have roll protection, Homologated cage or approved bar if car has WOF. Reminder to have suitable bar height above occupants helmets as per Schedule A
Running motors in and bedding in brakes etc for Canterbury Car Club Members
With test days becoming so busy, we know that it’s not ideal to have cars running motors in and bedding brakes in etc at lower speeds, while others are testing at full race speed. Over the coming months we are going to trial a running in and bedding brakes in the style of a half day, once a month, on the A Track.
Due to noise restrictions and safety requirements, these days will be restricted to speeds of no more than 120km/hr. No heavy acceleration allowed.
Cost to access the circuit on one of these days will be $40 for a Canterbury Car Club Member.
You will need to wear all your normal safety apparel.
We need to stress that these days are not for full on testing.
To make sure that what you intend to do is going to be compliant, we suggest you phone the office on 03 3496003 before. It’s so important these days are used correctly. If anyone comes out and attempts to do full on testing, it will most likely mean we have to take a Friday test day away from the rest of the members.
As soon as we hit the higher noise limit, that counts as a test day gone, so these half days run in/brake bedding in days have to be run at a very low noise.